Saturday 10 August 2013

Get those Baby Lips!


We have all heard about them, they are loved by so many beauty/makeup gurus from the USA, and finally they are available in the UK!! 

I couldn't wait to get my hands on these, and was twiddling my thumbs wondering when Maybelline would consider us worthy of getting some Baby Lips! I have tried many lip balms and lip treatments all throughout the year...be it winter or summer I have dry lips which in turn means they will chap and peel. So after all the reviews on Youtube and in blogs that I had come across about these "Baby Lips" lip balms (because lets face it that is exactly what they are just with a cuter more fun name) I had to have them!!! 

There are only six available at the moment in the UK, which are the similar to the original ones that were initially released in the USA. I say similar because they have Grapevine which isn't out here and instead we have a clear/natural one called Intense Care (they have also had more collections and limited editions released since the originals came out which are not out here in the UK) I got my six on offer from Boots priced at £2.99 each. They are also available from Superdrug. (I will put the links below) 

The formula is creamy and out of the six, three of them have no colour or tint in them and these are the ones that have SPF 20 so these are great for the summer and if your going away! The tinted ones unfortunately do not have SPF 20 in them (USA versions do apparently).

Although they are all different in smell and name they all have the same purpose. Two of the non-tinted ones offer a bit more hydration and moisture to the lips than the others and this is their purpose as one is called Hydrate and the other Intense Care. 

I have tried them all apart from Intense Care, as I mentioned before in the USA they have one that is tinted and called Grape Vine and I just do not understand why we didn't get the same. Instead we got a "treatment" lip balm! I might save that one for the winter when my lips get even drier!!






So to the ones I did try and and love...

Hydrate

It does what is says on the tin (bullet in this case) it is great for dry lips like mine, it smells amazing almost citrusy with a hint of vanilla. I found with this it really did work on my lips; normally I would put on lip balm or Vaseline in the morning, get to work and my lips would have no moisture and would be dry again. With this one I didn't need to reapply till mid-morning by which time I had a coffee and drank water from a bottle. Even after it had come off my lips were not dry and really did feel soft. I think (don't quote me on this) this is the equivalent to the USA version "Quenched".

Mint Fresh

Which is the equivalent of the USA one "Peppermint". This is also is of no colour or tint and has SPF 20. I found this one really refreshing, obviously it smells minty hence the name but it also gave a slight tingling sensation; nothing excessive and didn't last very long. The lip balm itself is a total miss...it does nothing for my lips otherwise it doesn't last very long and I have found I am putting it on a lot more often than Hydrate. 

Then I opened the tinted ones (excitement)!!!! I was really excited about these because they are the ones I saw and read most about. 

Peach Kiss 


So this one is "tinted" as such, however I'm brown and this is tinted brown so I am just going to go ahead and say its neutral. It came up neutral on my lips and hand (see swatch below) so I use it as a gloss. It smells peachy and it is a pleasant smell not too strong. As for hydration and keeping lips soft, it doesn't work as well as Hydrate and again I just feel I am re-applying more often. 





Pink Punch 

This is the only one that has the best colour pay off. Its bright pink in colour and it shows up like that on my lips as well. I liked this the best out of the tinted ones. It's great for me as I like to wear a bit of colour on my lips especially to work. Hydration level is again not that great and I've got to a point with this that it smells so great I just lick it off and apply more (ooops)!! 


Cherry Me



This the one that disappointed me the most. Why? Because look at the colour and OMG the smell a lush cherry scent...its gorgeous!!! Although I had heard Pink Punch was the best colour pay off I thought this one would still give a nice red/rosey tint to my lips...sadly no. It might as well have been another colourless one!! However smelt divine and tasted well...amazing!! 


This is how they all swatched on my hand...

All in all, I like these; I enjoy using them too; but this whole keeping my lips baby soft and not dry is definitely not what they are best for because my lips do dry out after using this and I am having to re-apply. I can't include Intense care in this conclusion as I have not tried it. (Will update this when I do). If I am honest I don't think I would re-purchase any of them other than Hydrate again as I benefited from that the best especially because of the SPF 20. 


I have to say using Hydrate as a base before applying a lipstick was great, it really helped my lipstick apply smoothly on to my lips and it didn't bleed out of my lip line either. To be honest I am more of a lipstick & Lip Gloss girl, which is why I prefer the Revlon Lip Butters as they have more of a colour pay off but for those that love lip balms and prefer them over lipsticks and lip tints then these are definitely something you would want to invest in.

If any of you have tried any of the Baby Lips let me know what you think...everyone is different and everyones expectations are different.

PS. How annoying is it that these products are MADE IN FRANCE (EUROPE) but the USA get them before we do in the UK (EUROPE)...I just do not get how these cosmetic companies work (...ok Rant over)

Thanks for passing by...Janki x o x o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...